Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summertime!

Well, summer is here in earnest! We've had so much rain the past few weeks and I am glad we live on the side of a hill, so that there is no chance of flooding! The ground outside is like walking on a wet sponge. It's been a good thing though, our area has been under drought conditions for the past few years.

(and to answer the question from the last post - I don't know exactly what the grannies were doing, I was wondering myself!)

Enjoy the postcards!

I think this may be my first Maine postcard!


Sudak, Genoese Fortress, sent from the Ukraine


Lovely bicycle postcard from France


A collection of lighthouses from Holland


An Edward Gorey card, 12 Lords a'leaping- except they look more like they are walking sedately. Now, the ladies look more like they are "a'leaping"!


Sent from Canada, a postage stamp image


Click on anything you'd like to see closer.

I'd love for you to visit me at my art blog, A Rabbit In The Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment