Saturday, February 18, 2012

Catch Up!

Well, it's been a while since I posted my postcards again! I only have so many "energy tokens" per day because of this illness, and since I had two doctor's appointments this past week, and have been working on an art project, I just didn't have any tokens left to spend on other things. Oh well, it gives us a lot to look at today!


This was not a postcard, but a tiny little greeting card sent to me from Holland. The actual size was about 2" by 3".



What a great photo from Hong Kong! It's a picture of Dundas St., Yaumati, Kowloon.



A blue door from southern Poland.



An Edward Gorey postcard, on the back it reads "I won't get up to-day", he said, "I'll spend it lying here in bed." - from The Stupid Joke Book; sent from the US.



From the south of Germany, a lovely snow scene.



West Cornwall Covered Bridge in Connecticut, US.



Painting by John Steele of the iron making trades in England.



An artisan door in Germany.



Kentucky state card



Egyptian painting of a woman, sent from the US.



One of nine surviving covered bridge in Illinois.



Traditional Dutch clothing, sent from Holland.



Also from Holland, this is by Dutch artist Nicole Habets, showing the canal houses in Amsterdam. I love it!!



(click for details)
This photo postcard is by a Mail Artist living in California, entitled Wig Wam. Just recently, I was accepted into IUOMA (International Union of Mail Artists). It's an organization created in 1988 for artists who send art created on mailing materials, such as envelopes and postcrds. Membership is 2248 artists worldwide and you have to be vetted to be accepted for membership. I'm excited about being a member! If you look closely at this piece, he has created a woven image out of small photos. It's quite lovely!


Click on any photo you want to see closer.


I'd love for you to visit me at my art blog, A Rabbit In The Garden.



1 comment:

  1. Quite a collection! That's really neat that you were accepted into the IUOMA!!! I like the colored doors and the one by Nicole Habets which is really fun and colorful. I received one of a polar bear mom and her cubs but I can't make out where it's from. Love you!

    ReplyDelete