Friday, November 25, 2011

Day After Thanksgiving

Yesterday was a great quiet day spent with my husband and daughter. Hope all US readers had a good one!! Lots of postcards in this day's mail!


A wonderful collection of well used and rusty mailboxes from Russia!




From Belarus, now I know these are simply apartment buildings, thanks to a comment made by a viewer - thank you!




A pastoral scene from Japan, this doesn't really come to mind when thinking "Japan"; it's so peaceful looking!




From China, this card depicts aboriginal people in southwest China, on the Yun-Gul Plateau.




Cologne Cathedral in Germany, a UNESCO site.




A collection of lighthouses from Holland




Another card for my mapcard collection!




Karlsruhe Palace in Germany.




Artwork by Miriam Schapiro, Razz Ma Tazz, 1985.




From China, a card depicting Tibetan folklore.




Anew mapcard for my collection!




A Michigan Black Bear; these bears are widespread, we have them here locally.




Heceta Head Lighthouse in Oregon.




And finally, this great shot from Hungary of a bike and colorful graffiti!




Click on any photo you want to see closer.

I'd love for you to visit me at A Rabbit In The Garden.

1 comment:

  1. On the card from Belarus those are just new apartment buildings. I've got the same card and I understand Russian :)

    ReplyDelete