Friday, September 30, 2011

Across The Sea

From across the Atlantic and the Pacific:

From Finland, this map card of Lapland shows also a reindeer, snowmobile and a bird. There's no indication what kind of bird it is. The 14 year old girl who sent it to me marked where she lived, which is right below the Arctic Circle! If you click on the card you can see it. I think it takes a special kind of person to live in those environs!



This postcard was sent to me by a 24 year Japanese lady. She said this is the 
Ukiyoe-print and the upper part is a 2 31-syllable Japanese poem on the elegant six major poets. I really like this card, it is so delicate and pretty!



And finally, the Bretagne lighthouse, sent to me from Germany. How fantastic is it to see it buffeted with the wind and waves like this! I can imagine how deafening it must sound inside when this happens.


Click on any photo you want to see closer.

Be sure and visit me on A Rabbit In The Garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment