Sunday, September 18, 2011

Some New Cards

One of the fun things about Postcrossing is reading the profiles of the people you are sending a card to. They list a little about themselves, and most of them list some suggestions of postcards they would like to receive (the site prevents you from demanding a certain card, which is a good thing). Sometimes people add other requests- I've sent a small button to Quebec, and a dime to the Ukraine, both taped firmly on the cards. A few people want the cards sent in envelopes because postcards seem to get torn going through their post offices, and a very few prefer the postcard totally pristine - no stamp, no writing and only sent in an envelope. Of course, they can't demand it, but I try to oblige people's wish list when I can. This week I had an envelope request and these two others:

This person in Germany likes rats and asked her senders to draw a rat.
That was a first for me!



 This person in China likes all of her postcards to be SWAK
(Sealed with a Kiss). That was a first for me as well!


I participate in different groups on the Postcrossing Forum and the first card was in a Alphabet Group (I sent a Carousel card) and the 2nd one is in the I Don't Want This Card, Do You? group, where you can hopefully get rid of some cards you don't care for. This particular card was for the Gaylord Conference center in Washington DC and the person in China collects hotel postcards, so off it went.

Here are some cards I received lately:

Lovely architectural details from a cathedral in Cologne Germany

A UNESCO World Heritage Site in China - Panings Temple Complex

A 16th-17th century farmhouse in Estonia

And from the town of Riva del Gardo, Italy

Hope you enjoyed seeing them all!






1 comment:

  1. Love them all. Wish I could participate, it looks like loads of fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete