Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Old and New

Today I received this gorgeous twilight view of the Washington Monument, 
so that is the new:





And this is the old, a postcard which came in the mail several months ago and is one of my favorites! It's from a series of paintings done by Finnish artist Inge Look. I call them Inge Look's Grannies, (I really don't know what they are called). Every one of them show these same older ladies and whatever they are doing they are enjoying it to the full! I have twelve of these dear old ladies now, and in this one they are excited about getting mail and I really identify with this feeling. It's one of the reasons I joined Postcrossing, to get a surprise in the mailbox. I'm somewhat housebound with this chronic illness and I love finding snail mail in the mailbox!!


Be sure and visit me on A Rabbit In The Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment